Let’s take a look at our 3D Skull Ice Tray Mold to see just how easy it is to make interesting and exciting ice cubes in no time at all. This particular mold makes four 2x2.36” ice cubes at a time, which is perfect for a set of 4 whiskey glasses. Because our ice cubes are over-sized, they last longer and keep your drinks cooler without affecting the taste. We’ve carefully developed our trays to ensure that the top lid remains secured throughout the freezing process, so that your cubes do not develop a foul taste or odor while in the freezer. With every cube, our goal is to make sure that your drink tastes exactly how it should.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
1. Wash your trays by hand when you receive them, or place them in the dishwasher prior to your first use
2. Fill the lower tray about 1/3 way with a liquid of your choice.
3. Cover the lower tray with the upper tray and ensure that it is secure by pressing down gently and releasing excess liquid.
4. Place your trays in the freezer and let them sit for at least 6 hours.
5. Twist, open, and remove your new 3D skull ice cubes!
Take a look at some tips down below to help ensure that your cubes come out perfect each time:
If your skull ice cubes don’t come out perfect, you should always check to see if the grooves in between the top and lower trays were sealed properly. To seal them follow these steps:
- 1. Place the trays on a flat surface.
- 2. Wrap each cavity with two hands.
- 3. Press inwards until the two grooves on the joint area are sealed.
After you’re certain that your trays are sealed, carry them gently with two hands over to the freezer. You can also stack a heavy object on top of your trays while in the freezer, or fill the upper tray with some water before freezing.
MODIFYING THE TINY SPILLOVER HOLES TO CREATE DIME-SIZED FILLING HOLES
The tiny holes on top are not for filling, they are designed as spillover holes to relieve excess liquid. If you want to use them as filling holes, you may easily open each hole up to the size of a dime with ordinary scissors. After modifying, you may pour any desired liquid through these holes.
HOW TO MAKE CLEAR ICE CUBES
To make clear ice cubes, we recommend using filtered water that has been boiled twice. This process allows you to remove air from the water, improving the clarity of the ice cubes.
HOW TO REMOVE WHITE FILM ON THE TRAYS
If a white film develops on your trays after use, please follow the steps below to remove it :
- 1. Prepare 7-8 cups of water, 2-3 tablespoons of baking soda, and 1/3 cup of vinegar.
- 2. Fill your sink or a bowl with the solution above.
- 3. Soak your trays and scrub them with a soft toothbrush until all film is removed.
- 4. Rinse your trays thoroughly with running water.